Monday 20 April 2020

My lockdown time

The world is reeling under the impact of Novel Coronavirus and people are put under lock down to be at their homes to avoid socializing. I happen to move to my hometown just in time before the long time lock down was announced. It is so that both my in-laws and my parents stay in the same area. My husband could get to spend some time with his parents which I do not think usually men get to spend because of their continuous work commitments and family, unlike women when during their child birth they could have spend some time at their parents homes.

This time it was  a long time I could spend with my parents after a real long time. Apart from eating home made food without my efforts, I also happened to spend my time philosophically with my parents. Learning about their experiences in life, the insecurities they had faced, the struggles they had gone through, the joy they have seen, life in their parents time and the bond they had with their parents, the hobbies that interest them the most and the life fulfillment according to them.

It was kind of an eye opener for me, looking life from their perspective, their joys and sorrows and we connecting with them individually with each one of them, with ample amount time given to them. I felt this time was required so that they also feel satisfied by spending time with their kids who otherwise will always be running. Understood that it is kids’ prime time of their careers and their respective family lives, but also it is the parents’ sunset times, and cannot spend time with them. May be this lock down time came as an opportunity for those especially who are living in different cities than their parents, who cannot visit them often.

I felt happy and content of spending this time with them without any inhibitions (which by default will not be present with your parents), and spend quality time talking about life’s questions and answers, the self-realizations and spiritual realization. Given the time they have spent life, they will have more insight which we can definitely learn from them. Also being elderly, realizing their insecurities is very important, because sooner or later we also will one day get into such situation.
May be in every trouble there will be opportunity. And because of Coronavirus this is one opportunity I got the memories of which I will cherish in my life.


With Best wishes It's TVR..

No comments:

Post a Comment