Wednesday 21 November 2012

Theen filmen (Three movies)

In the last 1 month I watched three movies which I wanted to watch after hearing about the positive reviews on them – Barfi, English-Vinglish and Kahani.
Barfi is a very nice and feel-good movie I watched after a long time. It has a very powerful message on un-conditional love and affection. Hats off to the cinematography, lyrics, music and last but not least the performances by Ranbir Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra. Both Ranbir and Priyanka have given flawless performances and no doubt they are among the best actors in bollywood today.
English-Vinglish again is a very simple story told in a very simple way too. It also has a message which no one can ignore. The contribution of ladies in the house, how it is taken for granted and not-recognized. Again very good performance by Sridevi.
Kahani of-course does not have any message. It’s a suspense movie which keeps one captivated and suspecting what may happen next. A great performance by Vidya Balan.
These movies were not only entertaining but had a theme and message in them. Also they are not very high budget movies made. But still had a very good story line and acting which one get to see rarely in these days of commercialization in cinema.
Watched jab tak hai jaan purely because I am SRK fan. The movie did not have any message to be conveyed but it did not disappoint me and yes SRK too. I watched him on big-screen after a very long time and I was happy to see him in his original form of acting after a series of not-so-good movies of him (MNK, KANK, Ra.One – I have not watched these movies).
Last word: I am continuing my morning walks. I am surprised by my own determination to keep this habit going for nearly 1.5 months. Today morning listed to song “do dil aise milenge” from Jab we met. An evergreen movie with evergreen songs.
Bye for now,
With Best wishes It's TVR..

No comments:

Post a Comment